"for He satisfies the hungry and fills the thirsty with good things."

11.26.2013

Finding the Right Words

In the aftermath of a great tragedy, I have struggled to find words. I have been shocked to silence for sometime but just the same, I find it all wrong not to say anything at all. It feels hypocritical to go on posting on this blog with nary a recognition of what has befallen my countrymen. It feels like an insult to just let this die down and get on with life afterwards. I have been encouraged by what I read from Filipino bloggers like me; still the struggle remains and I realized I'm afraid that I might say the wrong things.

And that is exactly my problem, my words can work no such catharsis. I could never find them in my own head. But I found them elsewhere: in the Bible in Isaiah 61.

 " He has sent Me to comfort the brokenhearted" -v1

" He has sent Me to tell those who mourn that the time of the Lord's favor has come..."-v2

" To all those who mourn in Isreal, He will give  crown of beauty for ashes,
              a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair.
In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks
                 that the Lord has planted for His own glory.

They will rebuild the ancient ruins, repairing cities destroyed long ago.
                  they will revive them, though they have been deserted for many generations."-vv3-4

" Instead of shame and dishonor, you will enjoy a double share of honor.
                    You will possess a double portion of prosperity in your land,
           and everlasting joy will be yours." -v7

And, really, what more can I add to these words from the Lord? My very reaction can be read a few verses down,

" I am overwhelmed with joy in the Lord my God!" I hope that those who read these words will say the same as well.

1 comment:

Your thoughts: